Sunday 1 February 2015

The Blade in the Mist gathers

Current state of play for intended/desired army:

Magella Wisestone
Meargh - model bought and assembled, alterations sculpted, undercoated, base completed.


Drust
Fimm Mistmor - model bought and assembled, alterations started, base started.


Rictumal
Dirach - model bought and assembled, alterations sculpted, undercoated, base completed.


Ololamin
Dirach - model bought and assembled, alterations sculpted, undercoated, base completed.


Marroar
Fimm Finmor battle standard bearer - model bought and assembled, alterations sculpted, undercoated, base not started.


Fimm Warriors
16 (including Fimm Fian, musician and standard bearer) completed (one is missing from the photo).
15 models bought and assembled, alterations at varying stages, bases not started.


Shearl
24 (including Shearl Finn, musician and standard bearer) completed.
24 still in a GW store somewhere waiting for me to get out my wallet.


Moor Hounds
10 completed.


Fiana Fimm
3 models bought, not assembled, bases not started.


Marsh Reavers
3 models bought and assembled (including musician), alterations scultped, undercoated, bases started.


Fir Bolg
10 models bought and assembled, bases started.
10 models bought and partially assembled, bases not started.


Eye Oculus of Balor
Completed (other than possibly adding kidnapped women at some point).


Having just finished work on the shearl, I am moving onto modelling Drust so that I have a Lord level melee character who can then be boosted by the magic of the Meargh and Dirachs to dish out some serious pounding. However, I will only be spending time on him until the modelling is complete. The next painting project will be the Fir Bolg.

There are a couple of other units that I might look into at some point, but this is the army that I was originally intending to build, and it's nice to see how far I have come along. It might be slow going, but my Dwarves and Black Templars have also had reinforcements over the year or so of this project. I've only played a couple of games with the fimir, but might have another Triumph and Treachery game coming up soon - I'll try to get a few photos and do a bit of a battle report as I know that is something that I have been asked about.

Well, until then - watch out because The Blade in the Mist gathers!

No comments:

Post a Comment